Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SEMI-SOLO

Well, this project has repeatedly waxed and waned since 2005-ish - though I'm probably the only person who notices. Currently, we're back to "man, guitar, laptop" - which I'm pretty OK with. Been floating around the internet and set up a Soundcloud account, uploaded a few of my crass mixes from the "Pieta" sessions. Let's see if I can get them to show up -


I Want To Be Your Boyfriend by Sinners, Repent!



Caroline by Sinners, Repent!

Well, well. I did it. Hurray for me.

I'm currently taking a bit of a break from actively playing and recording music. Its been a busy summer, and its continuing into the fall. Recording of ignored hits will recommence in November, once I figure out how to get a few long-distance and local collaboration methods figured out. As a print designer, I have the cover art for the next 3 EPs and 4 singles already figured out - I probably only have about 50% of the music done though. But I'm definitely back to the laptop - back to recording for "free" for the time being. This darn economy has sidelined the completion of the all-analog 6-song recording we started last February - we'll have to see where those recordings end up. For the time being, I have had to get rid of most of my home recording equipment - though my current set-up of microphone> cheap pre/compressor> Radio Shack cord> laptop gets the job done. Its a little depressing and a little freeing.

For fun: here's a rough demo we recorded in the old rehearsal space.


You're Not Dangerous at All by Sinners, Repent!


As mentioned in earlier post, I played a reunion show with my teenage (circa 1995-96) punk-pop band. I've heard that audio and video editing is going on as I write. I'll probably post a couple videos from that show here as well. Why not? That's why I started a Vimeo account too.

Hope all is well out there, anonymous/non-existent readers. Keep on keepin' on.

No comments: